We cannot adequately express how much we love Tanya, so trying to put words to this without looking like we’re exaggerating is, well, hard – but guys, this is ALL truth. Tanya is the glue that holds PN together, and we’re not quite sure how we ever made it without her? She is such a beautifully multifaceted gem. She is a nose-to-the-grindstone worker bee, thoughtful, serious and wise – and then on the flip of a coin, she is fun-loving, hilarious, free-spirited and the first one on the dance floor bustin’ out moves that will have you questioning whether or not you should just moon walk off and enjoy her show. Girl. Can. DANCE! But that description doesn’t tell you that she is an amazing friend, that she has a heart of gold, or that her legs are as beautiful as Gisele’s. Tanya has a future so bright, we all need shades. TT, you are our girl, our glue, and our gratitude for you knows no bounds.
Five sentences to share any bit of your story you’d like…ready go:
- If I were a boy, my name would have been Bruce.
- As of a month ago, I became a Denver resident (because, mountains) and I love it!
- I love to adventure and explore with my man (where we’re forced to unplug from electronics and the hustle and bustle of life).
- I realized the power of real foods after dealing with digestive issues essentially my whole life.
- I’m obsessed with my coworkers (so weird to use that term, really they’re some of my best friends) and truly love what I do for PN.
Favorite meal – what is it and do you make it or buy it out?
This is hard! I love cooking AND going out to eat. One of my favorites during the summer is a ‘grill bowl’ – you can do any variation but I love this combo: grilled chicken, grilled sweet corn, and grilled asparagus. Mix together in a bowl and top with my favorite PN dressing:
- 1 cup EVOO
- ¼ cup water
- BIG Tbsp of dijon mustard
- A couple garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of a lemon
What do you do to move yo’ body?
I’ve been making an effort to get back into regular exercise after my move! I love restorative yoga (like barely move kind of yoga 🙂 and walking but have been making it a point to get to the gym to lift some weights. I don’t follow a set program but do some CrossFit style and HIIT workouts.
What’s your beauty routine? Love a good beauty routine.
I’ve been switching up my routine lately! I’m determined to heal my face naturally so have done a lot of research recently and these seem to be giving me the best results so far!
- Cleansing: I had been oil cleansing up until about a month ago when I made the switch to BeautyCounter’s Charcoal bar. It’s so quick and easy!
- Toner: I alternate between a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water and calendula hydrosol. So refreshing!
- Bonus add ons: hyaluronic acid (read more on that here) and tamanu oil to help heal scarring.
- Moisturizer: Tallow balm. Yep, rendered beef fat. The components of tallow match components of the human skin and I’ve loved the results so far. Think: intense moisture + soothing for irritated skin.
- Makeup: If I could wear zero makeup I would but I’m still working on healing my skin so my go-to quick makeup is RMS Beauty “Un”Cover-up with a little BeautyCounter blush.
What are you most excited about for the NEW PN?
SO MUCH. The beauty of the site in general is going to be amazing – clean, user-friendly, with new branding…can’t wait! I’m also excited for the new and improved community aspect – pictures on profiles so we can put a name to a face. Can we talk about the recipe database?! While I love our recipe packets there will be something so satisfying to be able to search by title or ingredient.
Rapid fire to finish it off…what are you currently:
- Reading: I just finished Scary Close and am on to Big Magic next.
- Listening: Us the Duo and Bey.
- Watching: The Office and The Americans. I don’t know how I haven’t watched The Office before but it’s amazing. Dwight, you are everything.
- Smelling: doTERRA essential oils Balance and Serenity. Mmm!
- Eating: A random mixture of sautéed cauliflower rice, ground beef, Trader Joe’s cruciferous mix (brussels sprouts, kale, broccoli, and cabbage) with salt and pepper. May or may not have added a dollop of mayo in there. Weird but so good…that’s how I roll.