What’s better than cozying up on your couch on a cold day? Cozying up with a mug of hot cocoa. Or frothy, peppermint infused coffee. Or soothing turmeric milk. Good news: we’ve got Prescribe Nutrition approved recipes for all three. Making warm winter beverages at home let’s you be in control of the ingredients, and you can ditch the refined sugars / pre-packaged powders / other junk that don’t do anyone any favors. So consider this an early holiday present from us, to you. Enjoy!
And, make sure to read all the way to the bottom as we have a giveaway for you and drinking buddy!
PN Hot Cocoa
- 1 cup almond milk (or your favorite non-dairy milk)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa or raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Add the almond milk and cocoa/cacao to a small sauce pan and put over medium heat, whisking to combine. Bring the milk to a simmer and remove from the heat.
- Add in all the remaining ingredients and whisk for an additional 1-2 minutes, alternatively you can add it to a blender to give it a nice frothy texture. Serve hot in a mug, and if you’re feeling wild, top with some coconut whipped cream.
Creamy Peppermint Coffee
- 1 large mug of brewed coffee (always go organic when possible with coffee!)
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa or raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut palm sugar or maple syrup (depends on how sweet you like coffee
- A few drops of pure peppermint exract
- 1 scoop of collagen (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high for ~ 30 seconds or or until there is a thick foam on top.
- Serve immediately, enjoy hot!
- 1¼ cup non-dairy milk, your choice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick or ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cardamom or 2 cardamom pods (optional)
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons honey or pure maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- Add milk to a small saucepan and whisk in the coconut oil, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and pepper.
- Bring to a low simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in honey/maple syrup and salt until dissolved. Let cool slightly.
- Enjoy as is, or if you want to get fancy, use a milk frother or blend in a high speed blender for 15 seconds to make it a frothy delight!
Head to our instagram to enter to win this darling mug + bag of Navitas Natural cocao powder for you and someone you’d love to sit and sip with.