So if you’ve been following our roadmap we are wrapping up the food portion. We thought it would be fun to give you a very practical meal plan for a week involving the classic Prescribe Nutrition Protocol. (Can something be a ‘classic’ if it’s only been around for 4 years? We thinks yes.) As the PN team shared over the past couple of weeks, we all eat differently so use this as a guide and adjust so it works for you and your family!
- Leftovers are our friends. If you don’t like leftovers, then you might have to throw in a few extra meals!
- “Trader Joe’s” stir fry may be the easiest meal in this plan…it’s not even a ‘real recipe’ if you ask us. Here’s what to do:
- Go to Trader Joe’s or a comparable store and buy all the pre-shredded veggies you want to include. We love brussels sprouts, carrots, celery…the works.
- Sauté your veggies in a large pan with your choice of protein (we love chicken and tempeh).
- Add in a stir fry sauce of your choice (Trader Joes or any grocery stores actually have plenty of options!) Aim for one with little to no added sugars (read the ingredients) 🙂
- Serve over regular rice or cauliflower rice (which you can also buy pre-made at good ol’ TJ’s or Whole Foods ) if you want to make this meal grain-free.
- This isn’t on the official meal plan but we like to have a snack ready to grab, so we’re armed and ready when the hunger strikes. Our infamous Protein Power Bars or hard boiled eggs are perfect for this.
How to tackle it:
- Make the Sun-Dried Tomato Frittata ahead of time so it’s ready to go for the week ahead.
- Make the Thai Chicken Coconut Soup in advance so you’re ready to start the week with some tasty lunches.
- Make the Protein Power Bars ahead of time so you’ve got a snack ready to go!
- We tried to keep the dinners quick and simple! Prep ahead as needed but you should be able to throw them together the night of.
Onto the recipes…get excited because real food tastes ohhhh so good.
Next up: the body. Get excited for this one. We’re talking calorie counting, macros, portion size…the works. We’ve avoided talking about this before but not anymore! We’re laying it all out there for ya.