In Ask the PN team

it's game time

T
TanyaPN
1 year ago

We thought it would be fun to have a theme of "20 questions" for April on our blog and social media...so this means we're handing the mic over to you! What do you want to know from us? Pretty much anything is fair game here...let us know your Q's!

S
Sarah
1 year ago

I know this is gross, but I have a poop question for you. I usually eat a lot of bread and pasta, I mean a Lot! I always thought of these as foods to add fuel for when I run. Needless to say this program is a challenge for me (but anything new takes some getting used to) I haven't eaten gluten, dairy or refined sugar since Saturday and today I have diarrhea... I know it's gross to ask but I'm wondering if it's just my body reacting to the change? Help!! Any remedies? I had an amazing amount of energy for my run this morning (without needing gluten!!) but when I got home, it hit me :(

S
Sarah
1 year ago

(I just re-read your post above my question and I think I might have asked this in the wrong place.. I don't think the blog or social media needs to know that I have diarrhea.... Haha embarrassing!!!)

T
TanyaPN
1 year ago

Haha! We won't share your question on social media or your blog...no worries! And not gross at all, gotta talk about poo. So in short: yes! Your body is probably just in an adjustment period. Have you noticed eating more veggies? More raw veggies in particular? More fat? Again, just the shift in diet can cause our digestive tract to clean house but there are things we can do to help. We've got an entire handout dedicated to digestion coming out tomorrow so stay tuned for that but I'll give you the sneak peek now: For diarrhea: -focus on cooked fruits and veggies and opposed to raw -foods to consume include: fresh mint, cinnamon, nettles, bone broth, banana, apples, overnight oats and ground flax seed -consider lowering amount of grains and saturated fats {such as excessive coconut milk} Super impressed you've cut out gluten, dairy and sugar since Saturday! And huge YAY for the great run this morning! Now keep us posted on how you feel throughout the day today and tomorrow. We're here to help!

Awagner974
1 year ago

Tanya, I want a post sharing the PN ladies' favorite smoothie recipes right now... I am always looking for new ones! Also I would love a post with a recipe or two using early spring produce. Recipe junkie over here. Thanks!

T
TanyaPN
1 year ago

Ooo I love that idea, Adrienne! We'll start working on those. Thanks for the Q's!

T
TanyaPN
1 year ago

Look at this turnover Adrienne ;) http://prescribe-nutrition.com/you-asked-we-answered-go-to-smoothies/

Awagner974
1 year ago

YESSSS! You guys are the best. Can't wait to try these babies in the weeks to come. I LOVE how you gave us a range of "difficulties" - Anna's busy mama version is music to my ears! Thanks so much!

Awagner974
1 year ago

Since I'm 1 for 1, I have another post suggestion. Or maybe it's just a question for the boards, so let me know if you want to move it to its own thread. I am trying to figure out how to maintain a good 80/20 or 90/10 balance post-program. I would love to hear from you guys what your typical week in the life might look like - that is, how much non-PN protocol eating are you doing and how are you thinking about it/ keeping it in balance? I find it fairly easy to spend these three weeks being 100% on board, but hard to hit that 80/20 and keep it there... over time, it wants to drift to like 50/50... especially with alcohol. :D It seems counter-intuitive, but somehow cold turkey (for a defined time period) is easier than moderation. I don't know, maybe this question has been asked and answered a zillion times, but just an idea for you! Thanks!

T
TanyaPN
1 year ago

1 for 1! Keep 'em coming Adrienne! Love this topic too. It's such an important one because we truly stand behind 'life is not a diet' and honestly everyone on our team eats differently than one another when there isn't a program going on...if that makes sense :) I'm going to run with this idea! Stay tuned lady!

Wendi
1 year ago

I'm with Adrienne.... I love that question. Both, but especially the second one. When I first started PN in August of 2015, I remember thinking that if this program was so great, why are there so many repeaters. I get it now, but still working on that post program lifestyle balance.

T
TanyaPN
1 year ago

Haha isn't that funny Wendi?! The fact that we have so many repeaters and we view that as a positive thing - we truly love each and every one of our vets! But yes, the team is working on a blog post to answer Adrienne's second question. We're excited!

M
Maria
1 year ago

Supplements! What's the deal? Whether sold individually or as nutritional broad spectrum shakes, do we need them? What role do they play? Can we get everything we need from a varied whole foods diet? How do we know if we got enough, too little, too much? Every time I turn around, there's another supplement everyone NEEDS! Really? Did I get my 20 questions in? :)

T
TanyaPN
1 year ago

Haha! Maria I love this. GREAT topic. Adding it to the list!!

J
juliann
1 year ago

I like Maria's question. I have taken some supplements for quite a while and don't really think twice about it now. I think that would be a great blog post.

Ann
1 year ago

I really like the supplement questions too. Really, the only thing I take is vitamin "d" in the winter but otherwise, I think a varied diet seems more effective. I do have a question around seasonal eating - we really try to follow this in our house as it allows us to eat more local, grow some of our own veggies in the warmer months, and less expensive. And I think it really follows what our bodies need each season. Any comments, thoughts, ideas would be fun to read.

M
Maria
1 year ago

Yes, Ann, I'm a believer!

M
MaryD
1 year ago

I love both the question about supplements and also about post program. I am new to PN but have a very good friend who is a nutritionist and very PN like minded:) She has helped me change alot about the way I eat but I have never sustained 100%. I also struggle because my family is not with me in wanting the changes for themselves so I find I fall back in with them because it's easier.

L
Lilly
1 year ago

I would like to know what your life and beauty philosophies are. You are always so upbeat, honest, and nice in your programs that I have always thought you guys are all great people!

T
TanyaPN
1 year ago

Well that just made my day, Lilly. You are too sweet! This is such a fun topic - adding to the list :)