Healthy Turkey Meatballs
These are great thrown in a ziplock bag when you're on the run and want a protein thats easy to eat on the road.
• 2 lbs Ground Turkey • 2 whole eggs
• 1/2 cup quick oats
• 1 bunch green onions
• 1 tbsp crushed/minced garlic (you can substitute with garlic powder but fresh is recommended)
• 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly grease a casserole dish or cake pan with a light coat of olive oil or coconut oil.
3. Sautee in pan, entire bunch finely diced green onion and minced garlic.
4. In large bowl, mix turkey and eggs.
5. Add onion mixture from pan to bowl and mix.
6. Add italian seasoning,
7. Mix all ingredients evenly throughout.
8. Add quick oats and mix in evenly.
9. Using a small handful portion, roll into balls that are larger than a golf ball and place in greased pan. They can be touching in the pan, no worries.
10. Bake for approx 15-20 mins or until center is cooked
These look AMAZING and so easy! Thanks for sharing, Jeff!
I like the idea of swapping oats for bread crumbs. I will definitely try this. Thanks for sharing!
yum! Thanks, Jeff! i've been looking for a good turkey meatball recipe!