In Recipe sharing

RECIPES THAT HAVE CHANGED MY LIFE

N
Natasha
2 years ago

Hi Everybody!!! Please add your thoughts below...!!! Although I haven't been on the boards much, I'm DEFINITELY ON BOARD!!! This is my 5th PN. After only FOUR days, I felt clear headed and practically bloat free. Game changer. Life changer. And, can see ahead much further this time, maintaining this commitment as a lifestyle change. Over the five programs, I have accumulated a few recipes that have literally changed my life. If everyone would please write the recipes that have changed their lives, I would love to hear it, so I can hone in on them. Since we all have very different tastes, we'll all have our fav's, but I'm curious about others! (Some are not in the current package, but I can offer up if you want. Hope that's okay with our amazing PN team.) Here are mine: Overnight Oats Green Dream Smoothie Protein Power Bars Pepita Energy Bites and Date Power Balls Lemony Lentil Soup Sauteed Greens with lemon & pine nuts

J
JODIE
2 years ago

What a great idea!!! Thanks for getting this started:) I have to say I could not have survived without my Protein Power Bars. I even make them for gifts now!

N
Natasha
2 years ago

Thanks, Amanda! I know what to put at the top of my list this weekend! Yes, Jodie! Me, too. I ate so much of them, I'm actually Protein Power Bar'd out! Two years, hard core! Needed a break this year. ;)

E
ErinR
2 years ago

Love this thread! Here are mine. I hope more people share! - Broccoli Breakfast Bake (from PN 20 - SO MANY VEGGIES!) - Sweet Potato & Sausage Hash (I tweak mine just a bit to make it chorizo chicken sausage friendly!) - Roasted Chickpeas (so many variations, options are limitless!) - Cauliflower Rice (got me through winter, as it acted as a base for more comfort-type foods) - Cookie Dough Balls (pleases any crowd!)

D
dmainas@gmail.com
2 years ago

Yep. This is the best thread. Here are my top 5 faves after 3 PN programs: Spicy Thai Dressing (on everything) Go-To Chicken Thighs (seriously never dealt with chicken thighs before, ever. I know.) Cauliflower Couscous (mind-blowing) Spicy Turkey Pumpkin Chili (impressive) Spaghetti Squash Noodles (also a first for me, and holy moly) And, I really can't say enough about how awesome this program has been. For she's(s) a jolly good fellow...

janaburrow
2 years ago

This is awesome but so hard. I recognize some of the above recipes (this is PN round 2 for me) but some I feel like I'm wishing I had! Here are my favorites. I can't list just 5. Go-To Chicken - how did something so easy not every occur to me before? Pepperoncini Tuna Salad - best/easiest lunch ever Mushroom Lentil Tacos (+Tahini sauce because I put that shit on everything) Lemon Poppyseed Bread (with nut butter is a go to breakfast for me + fruit or an egg sometimes) Blueberry chocolate pudding (replaced a very bad ice cream at night habit) Thai Turkey Lettuce Wraps Pad Thai (with spaghetti squash) Fish Tacos with Mango Avocado Salsa (I also put that salsa on everything) Ok I'm done!

L
lrdobry
2 years ago

Cookie dough balls and the green dream smoothie...can I get those recipes? All of this sounds amazing and I am so happy you posted because this is my first time in the program and I am really enjoying the recipes. Wasn't it possible to purchase some previous materials?

nyssa
2 years ago

Oh my - this is a GREAT idea. Here are my grain-free, vegetarian-friendly go-tos: Prescribe 20 Recipe Packet - Easy Avocado Tostadas (I am an addict - best quick food ev'ah!!) - Sun-dried Tomato Frittata - Mushroom and Lentil Tacos with Tahini Sauce (my mouth is water while I type this . . . ) - Avocado Sweet Potato Toast - Orange Poppyseed Cookie (OMG) - Blueberry Chocolate Pudding (including avocado!!) Prescribe Balance Recipe Packet - Granola Gone Nutz - Tempeh Curry - Kale and Lentil Soup - Cocoa Hazelnut Goji Truffles And from Get Balanced last year - The Avocado Egg Salad. Amazeballs!! Pretty much ANY excuse to eat avocado, it seems!!! :-)

S
Sarah
2 years ago

I love this thread! So great to see everyone's faves! My top five -Banana Bread -Zucchini citrus bread (I don't think I would have been able to go grain free without these two!) - Go to chicken - Moroccan spice meatballs - Broccoli pesto

K
Kelli
2 years ago

where is the recipe for cookie dough balls?! Will someone please share!

K
Kristin
2 years ago

My faves... -protein bars (modified with sunflower seeds) -Thai lettuce wraps -tahini dressing -Thai dressing -simple pancakes (from pn20) -any kind of chia pudding (sometimes I use green milk for base when I'm tired of smoothies but need veggies) and when I want more hearty I added little buckwheat granola! -egg muffins Awesome thread!

L
lrdobry
2 years ago

My sweet potato fries didn't get as crispy as I would like. Can you tell me how you baked them and broiled them?

Claudia
2 years ago

ANY version of the lamb burgers is delicious! A new go-to at my house.

S
Sharon
2 years ago

Oh what a great post! Like Jana some of the above I recognise others I sadly don't. PN ladies I think you need to do a cookbook!!!!! My favs: Turkey lettuce wraps, Blueberry Chocolate Pudding, Chicken Tikka Massala, Go to chicken Raspberry and Cream Breakfast Cake Almond and Blueberry Muffins etc etc all so yummy

L
lrdobry
2 years ago

I made the brownies today to help with my chocolate craving -- amazing! I wanted to make the truffles, but my grocery store didn't have hazelnuts. Has anyone substituted?

J
Jenna
2 years ago

I can't wait to make all of these that I haven't! My favorites have been: Mediterranean Tuna Salad (I think I've eaten it 5+ times in 2.5 weeks) Cilantro Lime Chicken (making for the second time tonight!) Cauliflower Couscous (MIND.BLOWING.) Green Detox Smoothie Bowl (thank you, PN, for introducing me to smoothie bowls!) Salt + Vinegar Chickpeas (already posted about my love for these) What I love most about this program is there are so many recipes I still want to try! I can't wait to keep it going. Now where do I find the recipe for the cookie dough balls?!

W
Winky
2 years ago

Okay, I've got to chime in: -Overnight Oats (I eat them all the time now!) -Cookie dough balls -Spicy Thai dressing -Banana Bread -Lamb burgers

C
Courtney
2 years ago

This is my first program but this recipe packet has not failed to impress! Such good food. I love the: Cilantro lime chicken Wild Rice/butternut squash salad (been eating this for 2 days straight. With chicken for lunch or dinner and a couple eggs on top for breakfast) White chicken chili - my new go to chili and I make chili A LOT The Dijon & Thai dressings I could just drink they are fantastic Overnight oats

K
Kiki
2 years ago

I echo the awesomeness of these lists and I echo the desire for the recipe for these cookie dough balls everyone is raving about plus Orange Poppyseed Cookie and Lemon Poppyseed bread! :)

J
jibean
2 years ago

I want a recipe for cookie dough balls! Pretty please?

nyssa
2 years ago

OK, I am gonna post the cookie dough balls recipe and ask for forgiveness later since so many people have asked for it. Feel free to take down the post, PN Ladies, if you don't want this up here! :-) Cookie Dough Balls 1 ½ cups gluten-free rolled oats 2 tablespoons coconut oil 2 tablespoons almond butter (or other favorite butter) ¼ cup Grade B maple syrup 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract ½ cup almond flour ¼ teaspoon sea salt ¼ cup cocoa nibs 1. Line a plate or tray with parchment paper. 2. In a high speed blender or food processor blend the oats until you have a fine oat flour. Set aside. 3. In a large bowl combine the oil, almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla and beat with a hand mixer until completely smooth. Add the almond flour, oat flour and salt and beat again. Fold in the cocoa nibs. 4. Roll the dough into small bites, a bit smaller than a ping pong ball. Place them on the plate with parchment and freeze for 15 minutes before enjoying. Store them in the freezer. Cookie dough balls. Need we say more? Sure there aren’t choco chips in these guys, but the cocoa nibs give that dark chocolate flavor andcrunch. We adapted this recipe from the Oh She Glows cookbook, which is absolutely packed with vegan, PN friendly meals. Make ahead tip: these can be made far in advance! It’s best to store in the fridge. While you’re at it...you may as well double the recipe.

D
Deni
2 years ago

This is great! Thank you for all of the great suggestions. I haven't yet had a lot of time to experiment with the recipes so this gives me some great places to start. I do love the basic egg muffin. It's so easy to make and really tasty. I told me husband, who's not prone to eating healthy, that it's an egg macmuffin and now he love it too:). Natasha and the wonderful PN team, if it's possible, I would love the recipe for the Date Power Balls. I'm a huge fan of dates.

K
Kiki
2 years ago

I made the Moroccan Chicken in the slow cooker yesterday/last night...delish!!! :) Funny story re: the leftovers - I took leftovers for lunch today, but it was a crazy day and I didn't get a chance to eat lunch until 3:00pm...so as I approached the communal work kitchen all I could think about was the yummy goodness that I was finally going to enjoy. When I got to the kitchen and opened the fridge it was gone. I think I actually gasped out loud...mind you there were people in the kitchen...in fact it was the people assigned to clean the kitchen (at work teams take turns cleaning the kitchen on Friday's, which is a good thing!). As it turns out, I didn't have my name on the container...so there it was...my yummy freshly made wholesome Moroccan Chicken in the trash!! The empty container was drying on the rack. I literally almost burst into tears right then and there...but I had to keep my cool, as to not offend the people cleaning the kitchen...maintaining control in this situation was additionally challenging because I let my blood sugar get low (2 eggs for breakfast and an apple at 11:00am is all I had eaten leading up to this event at 3:00pm). I didn't know what to say, so I just kind of stood there...probably looking super sad. I could tell they felt bad and they were just doing what they were supposed to do. One person, I think trying to make me feel better, said it looked really yummy whatever it was. Another person pointed out I could have some pretzels left over from a meeting. PRETZELS....AHHHH! Alright, lesson #1, do not let myself get that hungry and lesson #2, I need to label my food in the communal fridge or bring my own cooler! ps...I did NOT eat pretzels. :)

D
Deeds
2 years ago

...and in that moment, she grew a little ;) Great story!

K
Kiki
2 years ago

Haha Deeds...indeed. :)

L
lrdobry
2 years ago

I can't wait to try that chicken recipe and now I am even more excited. My lunch was once thrown away (And I was pregnant, not happy) and it is heartbreaking! I hope your day bounced back and good for you for resisting the pretzels.

N
Natasha
2 years ago

Well, everybody! I did a little round up! Here are the top ten, or so, fav recipes from #1 down! I know what I'm making this weekend!! Turkey Lettuce Wraps Spicy Thai Dressing Cookie Dough Balls Go To Chicken and Go To chicken thighs Banana Bread Blueberry chocolate pudding Mediterranean Tuna salad Overnight Oats Protein Power Bars Cauliflower Rice and Cauliflower Couscous Here is a different recipe for Cookie Dough Balls that I found somewhere else. I think you'll find them equally fantastic!! Raw Cookie Dough Bites • Prep Time: 15 mins, • Rating: Ingredients • 3/4 cup old fashioned oats • 3/4 cup walnuts • 1/2 cup raw cashews • 2 tablespoons honey • 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract • 1 tablespoon coconut oil • 1/4 cup chocolate chips (semi sweet or vegan) or cocoa nibs Preparation 1. Grind the oats and nuts in a food processor for 1 minute until finely ground. Then add the honey, vanilla, coconut oil, and chocolate chips. Pulse to combine. 2. Using a 1 teaspoon measure, roll into balls. To Freeze: Place balls in a single layer on a cookie sheet and freeze for 20-30 minutes. Transfer balls to a zip top freezer bag or glass container, label, and freeze for up to 3 months.

S
SusRob
9 months ago

I love this thread and just made my shopping list for the week - thanks for sharing!