In Ask the PN team

I want cookies.

E
Ellen
3 years ago

And, like, a pound of chocolate. That is all. :)

E
Ellen
3 years ago

So hard to break the sugar cycle. Glad you can relate, Megan. Padding away to put the kettle on...

Scotticus
3 years ago

Gah. Evil chocolate! So yummy. Have you tried adding raw cacao to things like smoothies or coconut milk or making some energy bars with cacao?

M
MaryKaye
3 years ago

Argh! I'm right there with you, Ellen. I want a smoothie that tastes like Diet Coke and a Snicker's bar...waiting for that one, waiting.

RockyBalbo
3 years ago

Ok .......I know it is frowned upon but I go back to what works while staying in the PN zone......I don't measure or make very much ( do to the fact I will eat it all) but I blend coconut oil, cocoa powder, maple syrup and a nut butter.....I melt the coconut oil. I add and whip it all together...tasting to desired chocolate and sweet. If I had to guess it is 1/4 cup coconut oil, 1/2 cup cocoa, 2 tbs of maple syrup, 3 tbs nut butter......again just a guess....next time I make it I will measure!! I throw it in the fridge and it hardens a bit. I take a single LITTLE scoop when I need chocolate! It works for me and trust me the damage I have thought about doing is WAY worse than these mixed PN items. Just to help with cravings......each day I am having less of my "chocolate". Hope it works......I wish I could just have tea and go to bed but next week that is my goal.....

E
Ellen
3 years ago

Scott - I did that for lunch in my green smoothie. Love cacao! MaryKaye, hahahaha! there's a market for that somewhere. Just not in our near (or even long-term??) future. Deb, sounds delicious! Thank you! :)

RockyBalbo
3 years ago

Ellen.....just be CAREFUL. :)

D
dmainas@gmail.com
3 years ago

Sooooo I had a bourbon cocktail last night. There might have also been a teensy bit of ricotta cheese involved. I'm no wilting flower, generally speaking. But I woke up today and the birds were certainly not chirping. I felt AWFUL. So, in short, minor cheating is not was this is about. I get it now. I repent. Green smoothie save me.

Scotticus
3 years ago

Ooooh. Naughty! Isn't it amazing how strongly that stuff messed with your system?! It makes me feel miserable.

S
Sue
3 years ago

Good timing in this post while I am contemplating a delicious glass of red wine right now. Hot water with a lemon here I come! Thx for the article and your humor!

T
TanyaPN
3 years ago

This feed is amazing. That is all.

L
Laura
3 years ago

I also want all the chocolate right now, not just chocolate, all of it. But instead I am sipping on some lemon/honey water just thinking about how it doesn't taste like chocolate.

Scotticus
3 years ago

Hahaha Laura! You're killing me! Deep breaths! You can do it.

D
dmainas@gmail.com
3 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ay_R9X8o0

G
Gretchen
3 years ago

Great article! I'd been drinking a lot prior to PN20. Seriously, don't know the last evening I went without alcohol. I thought it would be tough to cut it out, but it's been pretty easy, mainly b/c my mood has improved. Hence no need for that beer (or two or three) to get through the evening routine with the kiddos. Getting into that groove folks! Drink that tea!!! Thanks for the share.

L
LauraN
3 years ago

I made the orange poppy seed cookies tonight...delicious and they hit the spot! Had to try really hard not to eat all of them.

L
Laura
3 years ago

Hahaha! I love Ron Swanson as well! Totally the vibe I was going for. I also did not eat any chocolate and went to bed, feeling a little tired but good today!