In Ask the PN team

Isn't it nice to finally feel ______?

G
Gretchen
2 years ago

Fill-in-the-blank for you! For me: Isn't it nice to finally feel HAPPY!!!! Thanks PN team, from the bottom of my heart!

G
Gretchen
2 years ago

To add on to this, I deal with fairly mild depression, nothing too major. But enough that I often feel like I don't FEEL a lot of things. Just kind of going through the motions. I remember another time while doing a PN program, I had a profound sense of happiness sweep through me. And it was really odd. I realized I don't usually feel that way. Well guess what? It's happened again. The power of food. Seriously. Blows my mind. And makes me want to cry. Okay, I'm crying. You ladies change lives.

T
TanyaPN
2 years ago

Gretchen - I have a huge smile plastered across my face. Thank you for sharing this! The power of food still blows my mind too. Thanks for bringing this post of reflection up - many don't realize just how good they can and do feel. My word of choice: balanced. Physically and emotionally I feel balanced and even keeled and I love it.

D
Deb
2 years ago

Gretchen.....HOW AWESOME IS THAT!!! I loved reading this too! Great great great! I would fill in the blank by saying..... Isn't it nice to finally....feel in control and love myself!! Sending BIG hugs your way and this made my day....seriously! xoxoxo WINNING!!

A
aerickson4@gmail.com
2 years ago

....like sugar doesn't own me.

J
Jessie
2 years ago

Lighter! And this isn't just above weight. Sometimes I just feel "heavy" in general - mood, obligations, stress, and also weight. Definitely feel so much lighter...

M
Mary
2 years ago

I would say "in control"......which, when there is so much in our lives that is out of control, is nice.

L
Lori
2 years ago

Thanks so much Gretchen, for sharing. I have dealt with depression on and off over the years and it's a beautiful thing when you find yourself free of it and joy returns. So happy for you!! I have found fitness & nutrition to be the best preventative measures.

CelesteAMTL
2 years ago

...in control. Even when faced with crazy temptations (hello, In-N-Out cheeseburgers and carrot cake with cream cheese frosting), I have been able to walk away since the start of this. I knew it would happen, but I have just realized how easy it can be when the sugar doesn't have such a tight grip on me.

J
Jen
2 years ago

Happy, peaceful, and energetic! Thanks Gretchen, I'm on the anxiety spectrum and also had these results before on PN. Why do I let it go? It's so nice to feel this way.

D
dmainas@gmail.com
2 years ago

Gretchen, you are the shit. The rest of you = goddesses. Thank you for this! My answer...bulletproof. I can handle pretty much anything life throws at me, as long as I'm handling my insides with care.

L
Liz
2 years ago

Motivated! My habits got so bad over the past few months that I know I have a ways to go to feel really good, but now I'm excited to keep the good habits going.

M
Mhoroshak
2 years ago

Thanks, Gretchen! I love this. I have two words. Empowered and deserving! I love that I am gaining so many wonderful tools to help me feel good, physically and mentally. And everyone deserves to feel this great-me included! Thank you, PN!

S
shayla@lovecrate.com
2 years ago

I allowed the holidays to take a grip of me, and I am grateful for the timing of this program. I have made the decision to not make choices {food, exercise, supplements, etc} out of fear, but rather out of love. To be prepared in my days the best I can out of the love I have for myself, which in turn will show up more clearly in my role as a mom, wife, friend and business owner. I LOVE the packet of recipes...it's so helpful in planning out my week.

C
Cynthia
2 years ago

I was going to say the same thing as Jessie: lighter. And I don't mean physically lighter. Just all around lighter. More motivated. More focused. Facing the harsh reality of the wine cloud.

T
TanyaPN
2 years ago

I'm stealing a lot of these words and phrases for future motivation/hope/empowerment. You guys are seriously the best.

K
Kristin
2 years ago

Amazing words, thoughts and truth! Love it. My word: connection and supported. If not for this group (tough couple days here) I'm not sure where I would be. Onto another day after reading all the inspiration! :) must sleep.

M
Michele
2 years ago

Clear. Within the first couple of days I felt I could see clearer. Over the past week and a half I feel more clear, more awake and SO surprised about my lack of coffee drinking. I just don't need it! My body feels clean and no internal distractions...minus my whole gas/bloat issue I'm tackling but I think it's because I'm eating the black bean burgers every day for lunch. haha LOVING this post!!

T
ThisTime
2 years ago

I am proud. I wasn't really "addicted" to any certain thing, just had gotten lazy in my choices. Twice in the past two weeks I've had workday mornings where I was running late, but managed to pull together a quick, healthy breakfast and packed lunch. Before Prescribe20, that would have meant a morning run through McDonald's and -- probably -- a fast food or restaurant lunch. Thanks everyone for the support on the discussion boards. This program rocks!

J
jane
2 years ago

Proud, happy, empowered. It has always been hard for me to commit to things that better myself (I.e. healthy eating, excercise ect). I finally feel like I am Doing the right thing for myself. For me it isnt about weight loss it is more about feeling better and knowing I'm fueling my body with the right stuff. Just makes me feel good...like I've got this!

K
KristinB
2 years ago

Inspired and energized. The discussion board is filling me up as much as the fabulous recipes that I've been making. Thanks to all of you for the support, encouragement, and inspiration. After weeks of feeling "blah"—and knowing that a lot of it had to do with my food choices—it's beautiful to have energy back and to remember how great I can feel.