In Ask the PN community

Seasonal Challenge + Energy Potion

Tanya Thomforde (PN Team)
4 months ago

Hi gang! You might have seen that we're starting a challenge on November 1. Don't worry, it is not super intense - we'll be focusing on incorporating one simple practice into our daily routine. First up? This Energy Potion: http://bit.ly/PCEnergyPotion Check your cupboards or head to the grocery store to make sure you have the ingredients for this. We're challenging you to drink this 'potion' ;) every morning starting on the 1st!

Other challenge deets?! GIVEAWAYS! Yep, we're partnering with some awesome brands to give fab prizes away to you. How do you enter? Simply be active in Prescribe Connection - post on the discussion board, share a user pic, and/or create a meal plan!

Are you in?! Let us know with a written commitment on the discussion board! And please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions :)

csnoh
4 months ago

In

Katie Jasper (PN Team)
4 months ago

I'm with csnoh... IN!

Jlpoolman
4 months ago

I'm so in! This is so exciting--really like this idea. :)

Jlpoolman
4 months ago

So I totally want to make the potion but I've been sick for three weeks--yes, three weeks. A guy came into my work from a local walk in clinic and he said it's been going around our town, people have been coming in, and there's nothing they can do for them since it's viral. So question is, would the honey do more harm then good for me since I've been sick so long (I know any sugar can cause inflammation, etc.), and I'm also starting the Whole 30 Monday to get my immune system back in proper order? I don't plan to eat much fruit on the plan anyways so would this greatly inhibit any progress with my immune system?

4 months ago

Great question Jessica! So in the end, totally your call but I think it's AOK! you're spot on about sugar suppressing our immune systems BUT honey has some really great healing properties. If you have a sore throat, honey helps soothe, it has antioxidant and antimicrobial properties (if you buy the REAL stuff ;) that help combat sickness as well! Again, totally your call and if you want to go sugar free to really kick this sickness to the curb, we hear ya and will support you!

Jlpoolman
4 months ago

I just made this (happened to have everything right in hand), and it is really good. Not a fan of a super strong turmeric flavor but this does not have one. Another win PN team!

4 months ago

So glad you like it, I'm obsessed with it too! I just made this yesterday and am already on mug #4 (!!!) ;)

G
GeorgeandAnn
4 months ago

I'm going to try to participate (but will be traveling a whole lot, boo). So, in when I am home? Sounds good, and I need a little boost... I am beyond exhausted lately. Seasons changing? Who knows, but my bedtime is between 8:30 and 9 these days.

Claudia
4 months ago

I am def in on this one. Sounds wonderfully tasty, and I'm eager to keep my health together this fall.

K
kristing
4 months ago

Holy cow yes! It's funny bc I've naturally just been wanting to get In kitchen and eat healthy. My kids actually ate some of the stir fry last night from one of your packets and my son had a bite of my kale. Also, the recipes here are SO much easier to find what I want I cannot wait!!!!

My hubby is going to join me too. And my daughter has had a stomach ache for two months so hoping we can all benefit. I notice I have habit of drinking chocolate and coffee and wine so more of good will hopefully help those habit!!!

As far as the potion...I don't typically do well with honey but maybe I start with just 1/2 tsp because it sounds delish. Maybe I will be surprised with doing that vs chocolate chips. I guess what is the difference?

Thanks for being real, inspiring and such an important part of my life!!

C
clcp
4 months ago

I am looking forward to this! :)

S
Sherrie
4 months ago

I'm in😄

csnoh
4 months ago

Alright my potion is made and marinating in the fridge 😊

4 months ago

Yahoo! So excited to start tomorrow...but let's be real - I've been dominating this challenge since I made it last week ;) it's SO GOOD! Can't wait for you all to try it!

Kristin (and everyone else!) absolutely feel free to adjust the amount of 'potion' you add to hot water. I haven't been measuring, just adding a dollop! xo

JessicaH
4 months ago

I'm trying this too. Last night (right after I made it) I sampled it in a cup of plain hot water. Honestly, I wasn't a huge fan. But this morning, I added a little to my green tea and YUM - so delicious this way!

4 months ago

Ooo love the idea of adding to tea, Jessica! Upgrading!

csnoh
4 months ago

I just had a little spoonful straight - so delicious. Is it possible the ginger crystallized? It was like candy!

4 months ago

Haha it sure tastes like it doesn't it?! So glad you're enjoying :)

M
MaryD
4 months ago

I'm late, but I'm in!!

4 months ago

Glad you're jumping in Mary!

csnoh
4 months ago

I see that the recipe calls for honey, but the photo shows raw honey. How much does it matter which kind I use?

T
Tracy
4 months ago

I really hate the taste of honey so I'm out for this one!

4 months ago

Christie - I wouldn't worry too much about the type of honey...use what you've got! I tend to purchase raw honey just for the extra nutritional boost. It's less processed and unfiltered so is packed with great enzymes, vitamins and minerals.

Tracy - no prob! Next week is a new challenge :)

csnoh
4 months ago

Awesome, thanks!