When we think of certain meals, we think weekends. For example: crêpes … amiright?! We’re here to say that we thinking treating ourselves to a weekend-like breakfast during the week is just what the soul needs from time to time. What’s more, breakfast for dinner (aka brinner) is also a thing. A-real-live-thing.
So here is one our favorite crepe recipes that will take you no time at all to whip up. Here’s to making breakfast, or any meal, FUN!
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 large banana
- 2/3 cup of vanilla almond milk (add more as needed to thin batter out)
- 2 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon local honey (sugar free, stevia to taste)
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- dash of cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- coconut oil for the pan
- Add all wet ingredients (almond milk, eggs, banana, and vanilla) in a large mixing bowl for beating or put in your Vitamix for a quick blend.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with your dry ingredients.
- Stir until well combined.
- Grease a large skillet with coconut oil.
- Pour about a ¼-1/2 cup of the pancake batter onto the skillet (on medium heat)- you can adjust this amount depending on how large/small you like your pancakes.
- Cook until the right side up has small bubbles escaping.
- Flip and finish cooking until both sides are golden brown and fluffy.
- Note: these are very delicate so flip carefully.
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!