And guess what? You’re not making it. This year we’re running Prescribe 20 during Mother’s Day, so we thought we’d give some love to all of our Prescribe 20’ers – and to everyone else out there by sending a Prescribe 20 friendly Mother’s Day brunch menu. Is this for you to make? Absolutely not. This is for the kids, your partner, your friends, whoever, to dive in and get busy in the kitchen. CLEAN UP TOO, PEOPLE.
So if you want to celebrate the day that all you mothers out there deserve, but also want to stick to clean eating, then this one’s for you. We chose some of our most loved brunch recipes that are also easy to throw together. Like I said, YOU will not be in the kitchen, right? You’ll be in bed. Or on a run. Or maybe alone in Mexico and then you’ll eat it when you’re back. Either way, you can stay on track with your healthy eating commitments even during celebratory days. We promise it’s still delicious. And if you want over 100+ more of these types of recipes, join us for Prescribe 20 kicking off on May 6th. Use code ‘mothersday’ for 40% off. YES, you read that right, that’s $60 off – and we’ve extended that offer for you Moms because we love you so damn much.
The kiddos will be oh so proud to help cook any or all of these for you…so just politely forward this email to your partner and say “Yo, make me breakfast. I deserve it”
Caramelized Onion Frittata
- 3 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
- 8 organic, pastured eggs
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- Sea salt
- 1 large bunch of Swiss chard, chopped roughly
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Heat the ghee or oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat and sauté the onion and a pinch of sea salt. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally so the onions caramelize.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, nutritional yeast and red pepper flakes until very well combined.
- Once the onions are fully caramelized, add the greens and sauté until they have softened, about 5 minutes. Squeeze in the lemon juice and stir again.
- Add the eggs to the pan with the greens and let cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, then transfer it to the oven for another 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes, then run a spatula around the edges to help it remove. Slice into wedges and enjoy!
Pecan Pear Coffee Cake Muffins
- ¼ melted cup coconut oil + extra for greasing
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 very ripe pears, grated
- ¼ coconut oil (firm)
- ¾ cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons raisins* *Optional
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Lightly grease a muffin tin with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, sea salt, ½ teaspoon cinnamon and ginger until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, ¼ melted coconut oil and grated pears. Add the wet egg mixture into the dry ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Make the pecan topping: in a small bowl use a large fork to combine the remaining ¼ cup firm coconut oil, pecans, 2 tablespoons of cinnamon and raisins. Dollop a spoonful of the topping at each muffin cup base.
- Spoon the dough on top of the topping in each muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes (will depend on the ripeness of your pairs and your oven).
- Cool slightly before removing from the muffin tin. Serve warm or keep in the refrigerator.
Our Favorite Banana Bread
Makes 1 8 x 5 loaf
- 2 large or 3 small ripe, mashed bananas
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 organic eggs (or 3 extra large)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/3 cup raw chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- ¼ cup cocoa nibs (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Combine bananas and melted oil. Mix well. Add eggs, maple syrup/honey, and vanilla and whisk until eggs are combined.
- Add the coconut flour, tapioca flour (if you don’t use it will simply be a denser cake), baking powder & soda, sea salt and spices to the wet ingredients and stir until combined – do not overmix. Gently fold in nuts and cocoa nibs if using.
- Transfer batter to greased loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Enjoy!
That’s it. That’s all. Just like that, you’re guilt-free, sweet and savory breakfast is served. Oh and remember, you can eat like this, like a queen, all the time. Join us for Prescribe 20 and use code ‘mothersday’ for 40% off. We’d simply love to have you.