Cookies for breakfast?? Feel like a kid again with these Strawberry Breakfast Cookies! Pair with peanut butter or almond butter for the perfect grab-and-go breakfast. They’re also great as a pre-workout or mid-morning snack!
Strawberry Breakfast Cookies
- 1 cup pitted dates about 5 oz.
- 1 large ripe banana peeled
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 cups fresh strawberries finely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 5 tbsp chia seeds
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (or favorite nut/seed, optional)
- 1⁄2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. 2. Place dates and banana in a food processor and pulse until dates are very finely diced.
- Place dates and banana in a food processor and pulse until dates are very finely diced.
- In a large bowl, stir together date mixture, applesauce, coconut oil and honey until well combined. Add strawberries and gently stir.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the remaining dry ingredients. Add dry mixture to wet mixture and stir until well combined.
- Form batter into 2” balls, place onto prepared baking sheet and pat down to about 1⁄2” thickness. If desired, use your fingers to form cookies into a square shape.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until cookie bottoms are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely; they will firm up as they cool.
NOTE: Cookies keep best when stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can even break up into pieces and serve with your favorite nut, seed, or rice milk as a granola!
Immune-Supporting Recipe From a TCM Practitioner
TCM is the OG when it comes to boosting your immune system naturally through food and herbs. We’re turning to licensed acupuncturist and TCM practitioner Jalashree Pradhan to give us her favorite immune-boosting recipe you can make at home.Read More