3 Grain Nut Butter Bars
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¾ cup almond butter or other nut butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup uncooked quinoa rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup uncooked millet rinsed and drained
- ½ cup hazelnuts chopped
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper (make sure your parchment is long enough to rest over the sides - you may need to lay two sheets).
- Quickly pulse rolled oats in a blender or food processor (you want to leave some texture) and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add the maple syrup, almond butter, coconut oil and vanilla and cook over low heat until everything is melted. Mix often so everything is well combined.
- In a large bowl, add the ground oats, quinoa, millet, nuts, seeds, cranberries, salt and cinnamon. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the almond butter mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until everything is completely coated. Pour into your baking dish and use the back of a spoon to even out the texture. Bake for 25-30 minutes then let cool to room temperature in the pan. Place the entire pan in the refrigerator and make sure it’s nice and cold before slicing.
These energy-dense, nutrient-packed bars are great as an on the go snack or breakfast (or an emergency lunch). Make ahead tip: These last for a week in the fridge in a sealed container, or in the freezer for months! Makes: 10 bars