- 2 avocados medium sized, ripe, chopped
- 15 oz chickpeas drained and rinsed (or dried and cooked chickpeas)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ tbsp tahini
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- In a high speed blender or food processor, puree the avocados, chickpeas, lemon juice and tahini.
- Add the 1/3 cup of oil, 2 tablespoons warm water, cumin and red pepper flakes.
- Puree until smooth; season with salt and pepper. Transfer the dip to a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and serve with crudité.
Impress your friends and take hummus to a new level by adding flavor-rich avocados. These green delights are not only packed with brain-friendly fats, they're also high in fiber making them a great choice to support digestion and a strong metabolism. This hummus is best enjoyed fresh.