Balsamic Beet Dip
- 2 - 3 beets medium/large, scrubbed and ends trimmed (if using pre-cooked store-bought, use 4-6, as they run small)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- ⅓ cup raw cashews
- 3 tsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary chopped
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 orange zested
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- If using pre-cooked beets, skip to step 2. Preheat oven to 375°F. Place beets in an oven-safe dish and drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil, then cover with foil. Bake in the oven for about 45-60 min. or until easily pierced with a sharp knife (time will depend on size of beets). Remove beets and let cool. The skins will easily come off once cool.
- Quarter or cube the beets and add to food processor with cashews, salt, rosemary, pepper, orange zest, and cumin. Blend while slowly drizzling in remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. It will take a few minutes to get to a very smooth texture. If you need more liquid, add 1-2 tbsp of water.
Who needs beans when you’ve got beets? Got someone who doesn’t like beets? Let them try this. The nuts and orange zest give this a fresh, tangy kick. Delicious as a dip or accompanying fish or roast veggies. Make ahead tip: stores well in an airtight container - will last for 4 days.