Our Favorite Banana Bread
- 2 bananas large, ripe, mashed
- ⅓ cup coconut oil melted
- 4 organic eggs
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour (optional)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- ⅓ cup walnuts or pecans, raw, chopped (optional)
- ¼ cup cocoa nibs (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Combine bananas and melted oil. Mix well. Add eggs, maple syrup or honey, and vanilla and whisk until eggs are combined.
- Add the coconut flour, tapioca flour (if you don't use it will simply be a denser cake), baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, and spices to the wet ingredients and stir until combined - do not overmix. Gently fold in nuts and cocoa nibs if using.
- Transfer batter to greased loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Enjoy!
Because what’s life without banana bread? We wouldn’t leave you hanging without our easy, upgraded classic recipe. Make ahead tip: Make the batter in advance and store in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for months. Make the loaf early in the week and keep wrapped in foil for up to 1 week.