Banana Muffin Cookies
- 2 bananas large ripe, peeled
- 6 medjool dates pitted
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats divided
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the ripe bananas, pitted dates, coconut oil, vanilla and egg into a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Add in the cinnamon, baking powder, salt, 1½ cups of the oats and process again until combined, about 5 seconds.
- Remove muffin cookie batter and place in medium bowl. Carefully stir in the remaining ½ cup rolled oats, sesame seeds and the chocolate chips.
- For each cookie, spoon about 2-3 tbsp of dough into a little mound onto the parchment.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes, rotate the pan, and bake for another 7-9 minutes until golden brown on the bottom. Transfer the baking sheet onto a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy!
Cookies for breakfast are always a good idea. These tend to be a kid favorite! Makes: 12 muffins