Basic Cauliflower Rice
- 1 head cauliflower trimmed and cut into florets
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- ½ white onion skin removed and diced very small
- 1 stalk celery diced very small
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Place the cauliflower in a food processor with the grating attachment and process until cauliflower resembles grains of rice. Be careful not to over-process here. Alternatively, you can grate with a cheese grater - it's just a bit more work.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 7-8 minutes. Add celery and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Add riced cauliflower and saute for 4-5 minutes uncovered.
- Add lime juice and continue to cook covered for 5-10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Sprinkle with additional sea salt if desired.
This is such a perfect base for so many meals. It’s delicious under a curry, with a side of fish or even reheated on its own. It’s at its absolute best when made fresh but can definitely serve as yummy leftovers when reheated.