Beet Cocoa Smoothie Bowl
- 4-5 beets cooked
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup frozen zucchini chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp chia flax or hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp nut butter your choice
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk your choice
- ½ banana frozen
- maple syrup, honey, or stevia to sweeten (optional)
- pumpkin seeds
- cocoa nibs
- unsweetened cocoa
- dried chopped figs
- Blend all ingredients (minus the optional sweetener) in a high speed blender. Blend on high until well incorporated.
- Add additional milk or water if needed to thin, but you’ll want the smoothie bowl a bit on the thicker side. Taste and add sweetener if you feel you want it a bit sweeter then blend again.
- If using protein powder, add at the very end (you don’t want to overblend protein powder).
- Pour into a bowl and add toppings. Alternatively, you can have this as a good ol’ fashioned smoothie!
The frozen zucchini helps make this smoothie nice and creamy without adding a ton of sugar. Find pre-cooked beets at Whole Foods, Trader Joe's or most supermarkets! They make this detoxifying and antioxidant rich smoothie a breeze to throw together.