Beet, Orange, Hemp Seed, and Arugula Salad
- 3 beets medium size, scrubbed
- 4 carrots scrubbed and ends chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 5 cups arugula
- 1 orange peeled and sliced into segments
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- 1 avocado pitted and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Toss the beets and whole carrots in the oven and roast for 40 minutes. While the veggies are roasting, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- When the veggies are done, remove from the oven and let cool before handling.
- Add the arugula, orange, and hemp seeds in a large bowl.
- Slice the roasted veggies, add to the bowl, and dress the salad. Serve on plates and arrange the sliced avocado on each plate. Add some cracked pepper if you like and you’re ready to go!
Make ahead tip: You can roast the veggies in advance to make this salad come together in minutes! Additionally, feel free to use pre-cooked vacuum sealed beets available at many stores in the produce section.