Berry Coconut Crisps
- ½ tsp coconut oil or coconut oil spray
- 12 oz frozen organic mixed berries
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- 4 tbsp pure maple syrup divided
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts or almonds
- ¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Melt coconut oil (or use coconut non-stick spray) in 4 6-ounce ramekins. If you don’t have ramekins, you can make one large dish using a loaf pan or square 8x5 pan, greasing the bottoms and sides.
- In a large bowl, combine the berries, tapioca flour and 2 tbsp of maple syrup. Stir until the tapioca flour completely dissolves. Divide the filling evenly into each ramekin or spread into the larger pan.
- Add the walnuts to a food processor and process until they are finely chopped, almost resembling flour. Add the shredded coconut and maple syrup, then pulse until the topping starts to stick together a bit. Top each ramekin with about ¼ cup topping, pressing down lightly to create a slight mound.
- Place ramekins or loaf pan on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, loosely cover ramekins with a large sheet of aluminum foil to keep from browning too much and bake for another 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
These store well in the fridge, covered, for up to 3 days.