- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 apples grated (peel can stay on -we love Pink Lady apples here)
- ½ orange juiced
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut shredded
- 2 cups non-dairy milk your choice
- 2 tbsp chia seeds or freshly ground flax
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup + extra to drizzle if desired
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ cup nuts (walnuts, pecans, cashews or almonds), chopped
- 1 cup berries or sliced kiwi or banana
- Place oats, shredded apple, orange juice, coconut, non-dairy milk, chia or flax seeds, maple syrup, cinnamon and ginger in a mixing bowl and stir well. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator and top with the chopped nuts and fresh fruit. Stir to combine.
- Spoon muesli into four small serving bowls and garnish with a sprinkle of nuts. If you’re going to store your muesli in the fridge, keep covered and set aside extra nuts and fruit until you’re ready to eat.
This traditional Swiss breakfast will not disappoint. The shredded apples and the soaked oats give your digestive system a big hug and will keep you going strong until your next meal. Make ahead tip: You can create this mixture and store it in the fridge for an overnight oats consistency, or even wait to add milk. Either way, this stores well in a sealed container in the fridge for 2 days.