Blueberry Almond Bake
- coconut oil for greasing pan
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour (make by pulsing rolled oats in a blender or food processor)
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond butter or Sunbutter
- 1 banana ripe, peeled and smashed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup almond milk or coconut or hemp milk
- 1 ½ cups blueberries
- ½ cup sliced almonds (optional)
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes, unsweetened (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 8x8 or a 9x11 glass baking dish and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir the dry ingredients. In a medium sized bowl, combine the egg, maple syrup, almond butter/ sunbutter, banana, extracts and milk using an electric mixer. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently mix with wooden spoon until everything is combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries, reserving a small amount to sprinkle on top. Optional: sprinkle unsweetened coconut flakes on top. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle the chopped almonds and remaining berries on the top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and removing from the pan. Enjoy these warm, at room temperature, or chilled.
Make this breakfast bake the night before for a delicious meal the whole family will approve of!