Blueberry Almond Muffin
- 2 organic eggs room temperature
- 2 bananas medium ripe
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1⁄2 cup oat flour + 2 tablespoons
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup blueberries frozen or fresh
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with 8 liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until frothy. Add bananas and mash until well incorporated. Mix in maple syrup, vanilla, and almond milk and stir until well incorporated with a wooden spoon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk almond flour, oat flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and ginger. Add dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined. Gently fold in blueberries - do not overmix. Fill each muffin liner nearly to to the top with batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick or knife inserted into the center comes out clean and they become slightly firm to the touch. Remove from oven and let rest in the pan for 5 minutes, then cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container or you can freeze! Enjoy.
Simple, satisfying, crave-worthy - everyone loves blueberry muffins. Here’s PN’s spin on them. The almond and oat flour will keep you going all morning long, and you’re likely to get some big thumbs up from the kids. Don't have oat flour? Make your own by pulsing oats in a blender or food processor. Make ahead tip: Make the batter in advance and store in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for months. Makes: 8 muffins