Blueberry Basil Zest Smoothie
- 1 cup dark leafy greens your choice
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves loosely packed
- 1 cup non-dairy milk your choice
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 banana frozen
- 1 lime juiced and zested
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp flax or chia seeds
- Blend greens, basil and milk until no small bits remain.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until creamy. Add additional milk or water if needed to thin to your desired consistency.
- If using protein powder, add at the very end (you don’t want to over-blend protein powder).
Basil in a smoothie?! You betcha. This smoothie is loaded with antioxidants and fiber, keeping you full and glowing.