Blueberry Buckwheat Pancakes
- coconut oil for pan
- ½ cup raw buckwheat groats
- ¼ cup brown rice flour or all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup almond milk or coconut or hemp milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 banana medium sized, ripe, diced very small
- ½ cup blueberries (optional)
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add 1 tablespoon coconut oil to skillet.
- In a high speed blender or food processor, blend the buckwheat groats until a fine flour forms. Place into a large bowl and whisk in the brown rice or gluten-free flour blend, arrowroot, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger.
- Pour in the non-dairy milk, honey, and vanilla extract. Whisk the batter until no clumps remain. Fold in the diced banana and fresh blueberries (if using frozen blueberries, pour batter onto skillet first and then top with blueberries to prevent bleeding).
- Scoop ¼ cup of the batter onto the skillet.
- Cook until bubbles appear all over the surface, then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Repeat for the other pancakes.
Top with maple syrup, additional blueberries, sliced banana or even coconut whipped cream for a special treat!