Blueberry Lemon “Cheesecake” Bites
- 1 cup dates pitted, lightly packed and soaked in warm water for 10 minutes
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews soaked for 10 minutes
- ⅓ cup coconut oil melted + extra for greasing
- 1 lemon juice and zest of
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk + 2 tbsp
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 lemon zested
- Drain the dates and lightly squeeze out excess moisture with a towel. Add the dates to a food processor and blend until the dates turn into a pasty ball, scraping down the sides as needed. Remove and set aside.
- Add the walnuts and sea salt to the processor and pulse until the nuts are finely chopped. Add dates back into the processor and blend until it sticks together. Squeeze a bit between your fingers. If the mixture is too dry, add another date or two. If it’s too wet, add a handful of nuts.
- Grease a muffin tin with coconut oil.
- Scoop one heaping tablespoon of the nut mixture into each muffin slot, packing down evenly with the back of the spoon. Place in the freezer.
- Drain the cashews, rinse and lightly pat them dry. Add the cashews, coconut oil, lemon juice and zest, coconut milk and maples syrup to a high-speed blender or food processor and mix until very smooth.
- Remove the muffin mixture from the freezer. Divide the cheesecake filling evenly among the muffin tins. Spoon in the blueberries evenly between the muffin cups, and place the muffin tray back in the freezer. Let sit for at least four hours, then pop out of the tray.
- You can either enjoy them frozen or by letting them sit for 20 minutes before eating.
Make ahead tip: These delicious, flavor packed, creamy little desserts will last well in the freezer for up to two weeks! Wrap individually or store in an airtight container. Makes: 12 bars