- ¾ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 5 tbsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- sea salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- 2 red bell peppers seeded and chopped
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 lbs organic boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- In the slow cooker, add in the coconut milk, tomato paste, garlic, ginger, curry powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and whisk together.
- Mix in the peppers and onions, then add in the chicken, beans and broth. Mix all ingredients together so the chicken is completely coated.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
Make ahead tip: This stores great in the fridge for 3-4 days, and freezes very well.