1 tablespoon coconut oil or ghee
1 carton mushrooms, sliced
1 cup frozen broccoli, florets only
4 large eggs
2 tablespoons full-fat coconut milk
2 tablespoons fresh basil, cilantro or parsley, chopped (use your favorite or a blend!
1 teaspoon sea salt
Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
2 cups arugula or your favorite greens
Olive oil for drizzling
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Add the coconut oil in an 8 in cast iron pan and place over medium heat. Add the mushrooms to the skillet and stir-fry until softened and browned, about 5 minutes.
2. Place the broccoli a medium microwave safe bowl, cover it with a paper towel and cook until thawed - abuot 4 minutes total (stir once in between).
3. Add the broccoli to the pan and mix to coat well.
In a medium bowl whisk the eggs with the coconut milk, herbs, salt, pepper and red pepper (if using).
4. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until the bottom of the frittata is set.
5. Place the skillet in the oven. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, and then place under the broil for another 2 minutes. You want the frittata to puff up nice and golden.
6. Transfer the fritatta to a place, slice and serve over greens, drizzled with olive oil. Enjoy!
Fritattas are an amazingly healthy, affordable and easy recipe to keep in your weekly rotation. Best of all they're delicious both hot and cold. Double the recipe and make in a larger pan to get you through the week!