Broccoli Bagna Cauda
- 2 bunches broccoli cut into florets, stems peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp ghee melted
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 anchovy filets packed in olive oil, drained and minced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, toss the broccoli in the melted ghee and season with pepper. Arrange the broccoli in a single layer on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast the tray of broccoli for 30 to 35 minutes, tossing the broccoli halfway through the cooking time.
- While broccoli is cooking, cook the minced anchovies and olive oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until the anchovies melt into the oil, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Remove broccoli, transfer it to a large bowl, add garlic-anchovy sauce, lemon zest and juice and stir until well coated.
Bring a touch of Italy into your kitchen with this age-old recipe that barely needs PN tweaking. How can you make broccoli healthier? Throw in some omega-3 dense anchovies... and if you’re not a fan of those, this recipe may convert you.