- 1 ½ cup fresh basil leaves, stems removed
- 1 ½ cups broccoli steamed, drained (you can also use steamed spinach, swiss chard or kale here)
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp raw pine nuts or walnuts
- ½ tsp sea salt + more as needed
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place all ingredients except olive oil in the food processor or high speed blender. Blend until ingredients are finely minced.
- With food processor or blender running, slowly drizzle olive oil over the ingredients until emulsified. Add additional olive oil and sea salt if needed.
- Can freeze extra in ice cube trays to use later!
This is a good one to play around with. Try switching out the veggies or nuts to make it your own. We love this over grain bowls, roasted veggies, "zoodles", spaghetti squash noodles, and seafood. Make ahead tip: Make in advance and store in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for months. Makes: 1 cup