Butternut Squash + Chickpea Curry – Slow Cooker
- 2 ½ cups butternut squash peeled, seeded and diced (about ½ small squash)
- 1 ½ cups dried garbanzo beans
- 1 small yellow or white onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tomatoes large, diced
- 3 cups organic vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp ground curry
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 3-4 cups spinach fresh, chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro or basil
- Add all of the ingredients to your slow cooker besides the peas and spinach. Cook on high for 6 - 8 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, add in the peas and spinach and stir well to combine. If your sauce seems to be a bit too thin, uncover and cook on high for a bit longer.
- Top with fresh cilantro or basil and enjoy!
Everything tastes good in a curry! Why not add more fiber and veggies to it? This vegetarian dish is packed with protein-rich peas and tastes great over brown rice. Make ahead tip: This stores great in the fridge for 4-5 days and freezes very well.