Carrot + Beet Slaw
- ½ cup pistachios unsalted, shelled, raw
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- ¾ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 6 carrots (about 1 lb), peeled, julienned
- 2 beets peeled, julienned
- ½ cup fresh Italian parsley packed, leaves only, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves packed, chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread out pistachios on a small rimmed baking sheet; toast, stirring occasionally until golden brown, 6–8 minutes. Coarsely chop once cool enough to handle.
- Combine garlic, raisins, and vinegar in a large bowl and let sit 1 hour. Chop carrots and beets, or if you have a food processor, use the juienne tool here!
- Remove and discard garlic from raisin mixture. Add carrots, beets, pistachios, parsley, mint, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes; season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Add oil and toss gently. For best flavor, make at least one hour in advance.
This is a refreshing and colorful spin on slaw. The pistachios and mint give this dish a distinctly new flavor profile we think you'll love! Make ahead tip: This dish is best made at least one hour in advance to absorb all the flavors. Keeps well covered in the fridge for up to 3 days!