Carrot Ginger + Brown Rice Soup
- 1 box carrot ginger soup or any of your favorite non-dairy, pre-cooked soups - Trader Joe's has several!
- 1 bag brown rice frozen, pre-cooked (Trader Joe's or your favorite health food store)
- 1 bag arugula
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- salt and pepper
- Pour soup into a pan and heat over medium heat. While soup is heating through, cook rice according to instructions (in microwave).
- Turn heat off and let soup sit.
- Add the arugula to a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat salad.
- Serve the soup in bowls with a heaping scoop of rice added in. Serve alongside salad for an obscenely fast soup and salad combo.
Cupboard essential: simple, healthy soups. Trader Joe's and health food stores have loads to choose from! We rely on these for dinners in pinch and like to add a little oomph by adding in brown rice or other whole grains. And you know we love to get our greens so we're always game for a simple side salad.