Cauliflower Rice Tabouleh Bowl
- 1 bag cauliflower rice (Trader Joe's or Whole Foods, frozen)
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1 cucumber small, peeled and minced
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes minced
- ½ small red onion minced
- ⅓ cup minced fresh mint
- ½ cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 lemon juiced (preferably meyer)
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- shredded chicken
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a medium pan over medium heat. Thaw the cauliflower rice in pan until just heated through, turn heat off.
- Place cauliflower rice in a large bowl, add cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, herbs and mix until well combined.
- Whisk the lemon juice, vinegar, and remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Pour dressing over vegetable mixture and stir to coat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately! If you want this to be more of a hearty meal consider adding shrimp, chicken or tempeh!
This is a spin on a classic - replacing the grains in tabbouleh with pre-cooked cauliflower rice. It's absolutely packed with fiber and antioxidants. Looking to add more of a protien punch? Consider the optional shrimp, chicken or tempeh as an add-on.