Chickpea, Curry, and Roasted Vegetable Salad
- 1 ½ cups carrots sliced into coin shapes
- 1 head cauliflower cut into small florets
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil + 3 tbsp, divided
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt divided
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 ½ tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro minced
- 1 can garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- 4 cups arugula or spinach
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place carrots and cauliflower in a large bowl.
- In separate small bowl, whisk together ¼ cup of olive oil, curry powder, 1 tsp salt and pepper. Pour onto the cauliflower and carrots, stirring well to coat.
- Spread the vegetables onto two large baking sheets. Roast for 30 minutes, stirring once, until vegetables are tender and browned. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining 3 tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp salt, honey and lemon juice for the dressing.
- Add the chickpeas and greens to the bowl with the dressing and stir well to coat. Top with the roasted vegetables (you could also do this on a serving platter), and stir once again.
- Serve at room temperature and enjoy!
Make ahead tip: You can roast the vegetables 1-2 days in advance, and make the dressing 4-5 days in advance. Combine other ingredients when ready to serve! Recipe by Heartbeet Kitchen