Chocolate Buckwheat Granola
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup raw buckwheat groats
- ¼ cup hemp seeds shelled
- ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds pepitas
- 10 dried figs stems removed and chopped
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- almond butter
- pure maple syrup or honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large mixing bowl, add the oats, buckwheat groats, hemp seeds, pepitas, figs, chia seeds and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, add the almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, cacao powder, vanilla, and sea salt. Cook 4-5 minutes, whisking occasionally, until all ingredients are melted together.
- Pour the almond butter mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the granola mixture evenly over the pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, tossing halfway through, and remove from oven. Let the granola cool completely (it will crisp up in this process). Enjoy with non-dairy milk of your choice, or straight up.
Make ahead tip: Prep this whenever it’s convenient and store in an airtight container to keep it crispy. It's fine at room temperature or in the fridge for one week, or will last two months in the freezer.