Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken breasts skinless, boneless
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil + more for grilling
- 2 limes zest and juice
- ½ jalapeno seeded and minced (use ¼ for less spice)
- 3 tbsp cilantro chopped + extra for garnish
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 avocado pitted and diced
- Place the chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap or wax paper and pound to an even thickness with a mallet or a rolling pin.
- Mix the olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, jalapeno, cilantro, garlic, honey, cumin, salt and pepper together in a large bowl. Add the chicken and massage the marinade into the chicken. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- If you choose to grill: prepare the grill for medium-high heat. Pat chicken breasts dry with paper towels. Coat the chicken with a little bit of olive oil. Wipe the grill grates with a bit of olive oil or coconut oil. Once the grill is hot, cook chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side (over direct medium-high heat), until cooked through and juices run clear.
- If you choose to bake: Preheat oven to 350°, place chicken breasts in an oven-proof dish and cook for 25-35 minutes (time will depend on amount and size of breasts). Breasts should be browned on the outside and juices run clear when pierced with a fork.
- We love this over cauliflower rice! Garnish with diced avocado and a sprinkle of cilantro.
Make it your own - serve with corn tortillas, over brown rice or cauliflower rice, or with a simple side salad. Make ahead tip: Marinate the chicken in advance and keep frozen cauliflower rice on hand to throw this meal together quickly. Serves: 4 people