Coconut + Kabocha Squash Mash
- 1 kabocha squash
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- sea salt to taste
- pumpkin seeds
- fresh cilantro chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Carefully cut the squash in half (if you have trouble, try cooking it in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, this will soften the skin). Scoop out the seeds and quarter the squash.
- Melt coconut oil in microwave, toss with squash wedges. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until fork tender and browned in places.
- Once the squash is fully cooked, allow to cool slightly and scoop into a food processor. Blend with the coconut milk, honey, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Serve as a side and garnish as you like.
Make ahead tip: This creamy mash can be made in advance and kept in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat when ready to enjoy!