Coconut Pecan Bars
- 2⁄3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups raw pecans
- 12 medjool dates pitted, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup coconut butter + 2 tbsp
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the coconut evenly across a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 5 minutes, stirring halfway through. Keep an eye so it doesn’t burn, then remove and set aside.
- Use the same baking sheet to toast the pecans for an additional 5 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the coconut, pecans, dates, cinnamon, and salt into a food processor.
- Pulse the ingredients until they’re crumb-sized. Add the coconut butter and 1 tbsp coconut oil to the food processor and continue pulsing until the mixture becomes very sticky.
- Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper or foil, allowing two sides to hang over the side of the pan. Press the mixture into the pan, using the back of a rubber spatula to help spread the mixture evenly. Freeze for 20 minutes and then cut into squares. Store in the fridge or the freezer.
Coconut is one of the most powerful foods to fuel your metabolic fire! The medium chain fatty acids are therapeutic for your body for many reasons, and immediately get converted for energy instead of stored as fat. Make ahead tip: These last well covered in the fridge for up to a week, or in the freezer for months. Makes: 8 bars