Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 ½ cup coconut cream chilled, from 2 cans full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup or coconut palm sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- To get coconut cream, refrigerate cans of coconut milk overnight, but longer if desired. Open cans and scoop off firm top layer, being sure to not use anything but the solid cream (set aside the liquid coconut water for smoothies or other use).
- Place the cream in the bowl of a stand mixer or a large bowl.
- Turn your stand mixer or hand mixer to high speed and whip the coconut cream for 3 to 5 minutes or until it becomes fluffy and light, with soft peaks. Mix in maple syrup or coconut sugar and vanilla.
Just as easy as making regular whipped cream (even faster) and so, so creamy. Best enjoyed the day of for the full fluffy effect, but can be made 4-5 hours in advance of serving.