Creamy Garlic Faux-tatoes
- 1 head cauliflower leaves removed, florets and core cut into 2” pieces
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt plus more to taste
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 3 sprigs thyme minced (leaves only)
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Fill a large stock pot with two inches of water and place a steamer basket inside. Cover pot with a tight fitting lid and bring to a boil.
- When water reaches a boil add cauliflower and garlic. Steam until soft, approximately 10 minutes (just make sure they’re soft). Remove from heat and drain cauliflower and garlic in a colander in the sink.
- When the water has fully drained, place cauliflower, garlic and salt in a food processor or high speed blender with oil or ghee, thyme and fresh pepper. Process everything until smooth. Add sea salt and pepper if needed!
Sure, mashed potatoes are delicious. But so are these - we promise! This gives you the creamy, satisfying texture of potatoes without the added starchy carbs.