Crispy BBQ Cauliflower
For the Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup almond flour, (or a gluten-free flour)
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cup bread crumbs (a gluten free panko)
- 2 cup BBQ sauce (we used a refined-sugar free variety, like Primal Kitchen)
- 2 tbs scallions, chopped
For the Peppered Honey
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Whisk the flour, water, garlic, salt, and pepper until it resembles pancake batter - you’ll want it a little on the thin side, so add more water as needed.
- Set up your dunking station: batter - GF bread crumbs - parchment-lined baking sheet. Working one floret at a time, dunk each piece into the batter and shake off any excess. Then, roll in the GF bread crumbs, and place on the baking sheet. Repeat this process until all the cauliflower is coated.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip, and bake for 10 minutes more. then, coat the cauliflower in the BBQ sauce, and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir the pepper into the honey.
- Once the cauliflower is done, add more BBQ sauce if you like, drizzle in peppered honey, and top with scallions.