Crispy Kale Salmon
- ⅓ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sriracha or hot sauce
- 1 bunch kale ribs removed and sliced into strips
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 4 filets wild salmon 6-8 oz. each
- brown rice or cauliflower rice
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a small bowl, add melted coconut oil, sesame oil, tamari, rice wine vinegar and sriracha. Whisk for at least one minute - you want it to be well incorporated.
- Place kale and sesame seeds on a baking sheet. Drizzle with about ½ of the dressing, massaging dressing into kale with your hands. Spread out evenly on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle salmon with ¼ of the remaining dressing. Place next to the kale or on another baking sheet. Bake until the salmon is cooked through, about 15 minutes, being careful not to let the kale burn (you can remove kale before the salmon if it starts to burn). Remove from the oven.
- Serve over cauliflower rice or brown rice with an extra drizzle of dressing.
This is exactly how we love our fish - simple and flavorful. Salmon is a nutrition powerhouse - it's a great source of omega-3 fatty acids and Vitamin D!