Detox Grapefruit Smoothie
- 2 cups dark leafy greens of your choice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1⁄4 cup non-dairy milk of your choice
- 1 grapefruit peeled and broken into segments
- 1 banana peeled and frozen
- 1 inch fresh ginger peeled
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄2 avocado ripe, pitted and peeled
- Blend greens, water, ice and milk until well blended. Add the grapefruit, banana, ginger, and pumpkin seeds and blend until smooth.
- Once blended, add the avocado and blend until just incorporated (over-blending avocado will make it too creamy).
- If using protein powder, add at the very end (you don’t want to overblend protein powder).
Grapefruit is good for your liver, helps fight against infections, and contains cancer-fighting nutrients. It can even help reduce stored fat in your body!