- 1 organic egg yolk room temperature
- 2 tbsp lemon juice room temperature
- 1⁄2 tsp dried mustard
- 1⁄2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1⁄4 cup olive oil or avocado oil, divided
- NOTE: The egg and lemon juice must be at room temperature - it will affect the final outcome! If you have an immersion blender, see note below.
- Place the egg and lemon juice in a blender or food processor. Add the mustard, salt, and 1⁄4 cup of the oil and blend for 20 to 30 seconds.
- While the blender/ processor is running, slowly drizzle in the remaining 1 cup of oil. This should take a minimum of two minutes.
- After a few minutes you’ll start to have something that looks like the consistency of mayonnaise. Exciting stuff!
Immersion blender: If you have an immersion/stick blender, you can simply place all ingredients in the immersion blender cup or jar, then blend for about 30 seconds, gently lifting and tilting the head so that it forms evenly. No slow oil drizzle required here! Recipe by: Well Fed