Easy Avocado Tostada
- ½ avocado pitted and sliced
- 1 tbsp cilantro finely chopped
- ½ lime juiced
- dash salt
- 2 organic corn tortillas
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 2 organic eggs
- hot sauce (optional)
- Scoop the avocado flesh into a small bowl and add cilantro, lime and salt. Mash with a fork until it’s well incorporated (it should still be chunky). Set aside.
- Set a small dry skillet (cast iron works great here) over medium-high heat, toast tortillas one at a time until crisp and slightly charred around the edges, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove from heat and spread each tortilla with the avocado spread.
- Heat the coconut oil or ghee in the same skillet over medium heat and fry eggs to desired doneness, then place each one on top of the avocado spread. Serve immediately, with or without a drizzle of hot sauce.
This breakfast is quick, easy and satisfying. Think avo toast with a Mexican vibe. It can be a small breakfast for two or a hearty breakfast for one.