Easy Banana Nut Energy Bars
- 3 bananas very ripe
- 1 cup nut butter (peanut, almond, cashew or sunbutter - your choice)
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 1/2 cup nuts or seeds (optional but recommended for texture/crunch)
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats (gluten-free or regular)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Mash bananas and then mix in nut butter, honey or maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in oats and nuts/seeds.
- Spoon into a parchments covered 9x9 inch baking dish. Press until flat and evenly distributed. Sprinkle dark chocolate chips on top (optional).
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until golden brown on edges.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting.
- Store in fridge for up to one week or freeze for up to 6 months. ENJOY!
Makes: 12 bars