Easy Crock Pot Black Bean Soup
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups dried black beans soaked overnight, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups organic broth (vegetable or chicken)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 cup water
- 6 corn tortillas warmed
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat and sauté onions until they are translucent. Add chopped garlic and sauté one minute.
- Place the onion and garlic mixture into the crock pot along with the rest of the ingredients (except tortillas) and stir to combine. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Remove bay leaves.
- Using either a hand blender or traditional blender, puree the ingredients to your desired texture (I like to get it so a few pieces of beans are still visible so the soup is thick and still has a bit of texture).
- Top with your favorite salsa. Serve with warm corn tortillas for dipping.
Throw all the ingredients in the crock pot in the AM and you've got a delicious meal when you get home at night!