Easy Dill Pickles
- 10 small pickling cucumbers
- 3 tsp kosher salt or other coarse salt
- 2 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- Slice your cucumbers very thin, either 1⁄4 inch slices or even thinner on a mandoline.
- Place them in a very large lidded jar or glass tupperware. Add salt and dill, then pour in the vinegar. The liquid level will be lower than the cucumbers, but don’t worry, the salt will draw the moisture out of the cucumbers!
- Close the jar and give it a few shakes to distribute the ingredients. Place the jar in the refrigerator and set a reminder to shake it twice over the next 3-4 hours. They are ready to go after 8 hours in the fridge.
When we say easy we mean it. These are so easy and quick and a great way to add some zest to a salad, tuna, sandwich...you name it. Plus, you can feel cool because hey, you made some pickles. Make ahead tip: These will last in the fridge in a lidded jar or sealed container for up to 3 weeks.